Thursday 8 December 2011

Promises

Banks. All I want from my bank is for me to lend them my money, and them to give me money as payment.Ok, I am happy for them to keep some of my interest to pay staff, and the like. I do not want 'Points' for things. I will never, ever cash them in, and I suspect most wont. Air miles..FFS I cant afford to fly anywhere, nor (unless I am actually piloting the ac) will I ever want to. I wonder how many other people have loyalty points and will take them to their graves? And, I wonder, how much the givers of points rely on the points never being claimed? It really bugs me that my bank is giving these extra 'services' that I do not want, and yet, I cannot have an upgraded account without these fripperies. You may wonder why I take issue with this. Lets say I have had a deposit account with this bank for 30+ years. Now, if they really want to reward my loyalty, how about keeping the percentage interest on the account the same for all that time? No, I have had to 'upgrade' it periodically for little, because they have introduced better 'products'. Excuse me? Products? They are a bank, not British Steel.(ok, Tata). It's a bit like buying a Ferrari, and have them come around every so often, and take a couple of cylinders away from the engine. But it's that's all right, 'cos it looks the same...Then they offer them back to you, but you have to have Boots vouchers too (other High Street chains and/or footwear are available) which you will never use, and you get the feeling that the cylinders you are getting back are from an Allegro... Its all tinsel an no substance. But when it come to Bonuses.

Oh, the strawberry? Tasty it was too.

No comments:

Post a Comment