Sunday 15 January 2012

Found Films




There was I, sitting in front of the TV with the remote controls! It wasn't even my birthday, but the girls had let me loose with the remote controls! Wheeee. But of course, at first glance there was nothing on. Nor at second. However, I stumbled across  The World's Fastest Indian . It was one of those films that makes you realise that the world isn't full of people being nasty to each other, or trying to get one up on someone. On a different tack, over the holiday period we found 'Stardust', a superb fairy story for adults. Based on the story by Neil Gaiman, it has excellent characters, beautiful filming. Well, we thought so anyway. I find it odd that the best films are the ones that you stumble upon without anticipation. Ok, I have even found that by going to the cinema, ( not that I have been for years, it's way too expensive. Shame really, because many films are only really good on a huge screen, with huge sound ) not actually knowing what the film was about does improve the experience. No hype, no anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment